Matthias Grossglauser is a Professor of
Computer and Communication Sciences at
EPFL in Lausanne, Switzerland, where he co-directs the Information and Network Dynamics lab.
His current research interests center on machine learning and data analytics, and on applications of these technologies in network science, computational social sciences, and recommender systems.
He is currently a commissioner of the Swiss Federal Communications Commission ComCom.
He was the director of EPFL's Doctoral School in Computer and Communication Sciences (2016-2019).
From 2007-2010, he was with the
Nokia Research Center (NRC) in Helsinki, Finland, leading the Internet Laboratory, a research organization comprising seven teams in security, networking, social media, and user experience.
He was also in charge of a tech-transfer program focused on applied data mining and machine learning, and served on Nokia's CEO Technology Council, a team of technology experts advising the Nokia CEO.
Prior to this, he was Assistant Professor at EPFL, and Principal Research Scientist in the Networking and Distributed Systems Laboratory at
AT&T Research (Shannon Labs) in New Jersey, USA.
He holds a Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from Sorbonne Université, a M.Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering from Georgia Institute of Technology, and an engineering degree in Communication Systems from EPFL.
He is a Fellow of the IEEE, and the recipient of the
1998 Cor Baayen Award from the
European Research Consortium for Informatics and Mathematics (ERCIM) and of the
2006 CoNEXT/SIGCOMM Rising Star Award.
He was associate editor of the IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking (2001-2003).
- My publications are available here.
- Interactive search: find the face of a target person through comparisons: who-is-th.at (live)
- Sports: match outcome prediction for the Euro 2016 championship: kickoff.ai (live)
- Financial: Success prediction for kickstarter campaigns: sidekick.epfl.ch (live)
- Political: Vote prediction for Swiss plebiscites: predikon.ch (live)
- Media: Music recommendation to groups: groupstreamer.com (archived)
Technical Program Committees: ACM SIGMETRICS 2021, IJCAI 2021 (AC), IJCAI 2020 (SPC), NeurIPS 2018, COSN 2013; IMC 2012; ACM SIGCOMM 2011; ACM-BCS 2010; NSDI 2008;
CONEXT 2008, 2007; PERFORMANCE 2007; MOBIQUITOUS 2007, 2004;
ACM SIGMETRICS 2006, 2005; ACM MOBIHOC 2006;
ACM MOBICOM 2003; ACM SIGCOMM 2002;
IEEE INFOCOM 2002, 2001, 2000; IWQoS 2000
- Member of the editorial board,
IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking (2001-2003)
- TPC co-chair: 3rd Conference on Online Social Networks (COSN), ITC Specialist Seminar 19
- Affiliations and Memberships:
Email - A Plea for Mercy...