Matthias Grossglauser is Associate Professor in the
School of Computer and Communication Sciences at
EPFL, where he co-directs the Information and Network Dynamics lab.
His current research interests center on machine learning and data analytics for large social systems.
He was the director of EPFL's Doctoral School in Computer and Communication Sciences from 2016-2019.
From 2007-2010, he was with the
Nokia Research Center (NRC) in Helsinki, Finland, serving as director of the Internet Laboratory, and responsible for a tech-transfer program focused on applied data mining and machine learning.
In addition, he served on Nokia's CEO Technology Council, a technology advisory group reporting to the CEO.
Prior to this, he was Assistant Professor at EPFL, and Principal Research Scientist in the Networking and Distributed Systems Laboratory at
AT&T Research in New Jersey.
He received the
1998 Cor Baayen Award from the
European Research Consortium for Informatics and Mathematics (ERCIM), and the
2006 CoNEXT/SIGCOMM Rising Star Award.
He was associate editor of the IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking (2001-2003).
- My publications are available here.
- Interactive search: find the face of a target person through comparisons: who-is-th.at (live)
- Sports: match outcome prediction for the Euro 2016 championship: kickoff.ai (live)
- Financial: Success prediction for kickstarter campaigns: sidekick.epfl.ch (live)
- Political: Vote prediction for Swiss plebiscites: predikon.ch (live)
- Media: Music recommendation to groups: groupstreamer.com (archived)
Email - A Plea for Mercy...